Welcome to 104th Phoenix
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Home made Table mounts.

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

At almost 300USD for a pair for Monster Tech table mounts for HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Throttle and Stick I decided to make my own (with some variations in design) to save some money. Here is my project in a few pictures.

My parts after fabrication and before assembly.

TableMount[1].jpg

The assembled platform from several views.

TableMount[2].jpg

TableMount[3].jpg

TableMount[4].jpg

TableMount[5].jpg

And finally, attached for it's intended purpose.........

TableMount[6].jpg

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Posted · Report post

Great work! How do you keep the platform at the proper elevation? I didnt notice anything to tighten it, except to where it attaches to the desk itself.

Posted · Report post

Great work! How do you keep the platform at the proper elevation? I didnt notice anything to tighten it, except to where it attaches to the desk itself.

Sliding inside corner brackets that tighten at whatever height along the vertical travel you like. Check the first photo. The longer piece of extrusion has the brackets slid loosely into place before attaching the shorter platform support piece. Photo 5 shows the inside corner brackets installed and tightened into place from below.

Two of these inside corners are more then enough to support the weight of the Cougar but I am using 4 of them just to be extra sure.

Posted · Report post

Ok I get it now. Really nice, has that Apple aluminum laptop look to it :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

wow dude..thats awesome! That looks super solid too ! Ummmm I think im gonna need those :)

Edited by Manawar