Verification please

-=VSAAF=- Sender

Hi folks

I haven't been able to connect to the 104th Phoenix server for about two weeks now. My ping, although high by EU/US standards (+- 250-300ms) seems to fall within your acceptable guidelines.

On the odd chance that I've been banned or put into a deny rule on the server, could someone please have a look and see if I'm being actively denied?

I really enjoy the server and haven't performed any intentional infractions that I'm aware of.

Many thanks,
Sender

Ah, thanks now I at least know that it is server side.

What is the protocol for ping banning? I've played for many hours before without any issue. 

Since pings fluctuate and aren't permanent issues / are "soft" offenses, does the server have an auto removal of bans (after a certain timeframe) for people who have had ping spikes?

Yes, you are banned. Our ping limit is 330.

I will remove your ban as i'm confident your high ping is the only reason you were banned. However, you must have ignored the warning messages our server were giving you about your ping, on multiple occasions. Please disconnect as you go over our ping limit of 330, or you will simply be re-banned by our Server.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, thanks now I at least know that it is server side.

What is the protocol for ping banning? I've played for many hours before without any issue. 

Since pings fluctuate and aren't permanent issues / are "soft" offenses, does the server have an auto removal of bans (after a certain timeframe) for people who have had ping spikes?

To answer your question mate, we pretty much remove high ping bans asap, as long as we don't see a player not understanding the issue. all soft offenses result in automatic bans to protect the server rather than to punish you.

Espacially high ping ruins the game for everybody as it results in serious server lag. To make sure the client understands this we would mostly wait until we get contacted by the client, but again: we don't regard such clients as offenders, or the issue as a "soft offense", merely a condition that needs to be avoided for the sake of smooth gameplay.

Hope that explains. S!