Mustang

Terrain textures package for DCS World 1.5.x

Error (429)

This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

:( cant download

Same here, if somebody could send me the pack I could host it on my server for a while :)

Sorry guys my free account on Dropbox exceeded the 20gb bandwidth limit for the day, i'll have this up on Mediafire soon as a temporary measure.

update: Mediafire link active, i'll get around to fixing the Dropbox one as soon as possible.

Edited by Mustang

Hi Mustang.  Was playing on the Virtual Aerobatics server and noticed a weird separation in the terrain from moderate altitude after I ejected.  Not sure where on the map I was.    I'm not using any other mods. 

B1015149CC295E630D0E23F7953E0C39614301C2

Hi Canadave,

What you're seeing there are the outer edges of the map and it's quite normal, infact you'll see the exact same separation line with the stock textures albeit a bit brighter in colour (also check the map fully zoomed out on F10 map and switch to SAT mode, you will see them even more pronounced) there is nothing to fix this sorry.

I'am really thinking about downloading this great mod. I was wandering however does it affect the gaming performance, maybe due to the more complex textures? 

Performance with these modifications will actually give you some increases in performance in some areas (tree shadows are removed from forests for example) also the resolution of the textures overall are no greater than the stock ones so there is nothing to worry about.

On a side note new version 1.14 will be going live today, details of changes in first post.

Edited by Mustang

Thank you 1000 times! I'm finally able to spot ground units closer to what would be in real life. Btw, I'm using old graphics card and didn't see any performance loss (HD6950 2gb).

Guys i have made a change to the forest base shader file, extract folder and drop into your DCS directory from this attachment 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wk6awif7li4ozq/Subforest shader update 1.14.rar?dl=0

This adjustment makes the forests blend far better with the surrounding terrain and gives and good impression of blending as the trees stop rendering at a distance

23diM8E.jpg

I'll be including these files in future versions of this mod 

Edited by Mustang

Will you be including high-rez buildings as well? That is currently the only gripe I have with this mod now. I can download the separate High rez buildings mod from the ED forums, but I know I have to tinker with the LUA files to have them working (Not popping in) and I am afraid to touch the LUA files you provide with this texture package. Still- the best terrain mod ever, and awesome that you keep updating it:)

Edited by ACG_Redye

Alternative version of texture package for evaluation (different noise textures and sets of shaders)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sa9sekn1lyaxtd/104th Terrain Textures Package DCS World 1.5.x v1.15 final (alternative version).rar?dl=0

any screens of this version Mustang?  would be interesting to see side by sids

Are you sure the textures for land are supposed to be in .rar files?  I'm not sure I see any changes in-game.  Just to clarify, I just copy the 3 files and paste into the \DCS World\ directory and I'm good?  You seem like you'd know, so I'd also like to ask you how exactly the Bazar folder works, as it seems like a complete copy in terms of architecture of the main directory itself... 

Looks incredible, though.

Are you sure the textures for land are supposed to be in .rar files?  I'm not sure I see any changes in-game.  Just to clarify, I just copy the 3 files and paste into the \DCS World\ directory and I'm good?  You seem like you'd know, so I'd also like to ask you how exactly the Bazar folder works, as it seems like a complete copy in terms of architecture of the main directory itself... 

Looks incredible, though.

You need to unzip the files and then import into your game files.

Just downloaded JGSME and activated the mod through there and it worked (using my program files folder instead of the saved games)

Looks amazing! Great work mustang.

It looks to me like you haven't got the correct terrain luas in use for the textures, please check to see if you have properly installed the folder "Config\terrain" from the mod package, if you do it right the terrain will not have a repetitive look.