Mustang

Terrain textures package for DCS World 1.5.x

Just wanted to say a big thanks for this wonderful texture pack.

Finally my personal favorite ground texture (Vzor) has been bettered by version 1.20.

Though I increased the noise per square to 2(4k here).

The winter textures combined with the new lighting  are simply incredible.

In a word...stunning.

Bravo Mustang

Edited by Aceviper

I downloaded what was available this morning and did 2 quick Instant Action runs in the A-10C for ver 1.5.5. I can not see any difference initially. I must be doing something wrong. So the 1st thing is that I am using this via JSGME, and here is my file structure within JSGME. Does anyone se any issue here so far? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 MOBO / Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz (Overclocked to 4.8 GHz) / G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB XMP Ram / Sandisk 480GB SATA III SSD / EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid/ Onboard Realtek High Definition Audio card / Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speakers/ Primary Monitor =30” HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 / Secondary Monitor = Acer 23" Touch Screen for Helios / TrackIR4 / Cougar HOTAS w/Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

DCS Graphics settings.jpg

JSGME File Structure.jpg

Edited by Fakum

thanks for the tip, I did just that and I see a difference now? Below Left is with MOD, Right is without

Sorry cant attach until I figure out how to delete other photos on server to make room,,,

Thanks for the stunning work! It looks fantastic!

I wasn't convinced by Starway's or Barthek's versions so far (despite the overall improvements) as I found they were lacking balance in some areas, I liked the default texture better.
Installing this version ASAP.

Color tones, field composition and some details on the screenshots show a very good blending and balance.

Has anyone else noticed that adjusting the noise max no longer yields any differences?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain\Extreme.lua

--Old Noise
land_noise =
{
noisemin = 0.0;
noisemax = 1.0;
noise1front = 1000.0;
noise1back = 80000.0;
noise1top = 12000.0;
noise1bottom = 2000.0;
noise1PerSquare = 2.0;
noise2PerSquare = 150.0;

Has anyone else noticed that adjusting the noise max no longer yields any differences?

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\terrain\Extreme.lua

--Old Noise
land_noise =
{
noisemin = 0.0;
noisemax = 1.0;
noise1front = 1000.0;
noise1back = 80000.0;
noise1top = 12000.0;
noise1bottom = 2000.0;
noise1PerSquare = 2.0;
noise2PerSquare = 150.0;

Sooooo,,, this has no relevance to this MOD? I came back here because on another thread I am trying to resolve the fact that when I slew my TGP to a broadcasted SPI for example, I can not see the target. I'm finding the target is blending in with the terrain and I was initially advised to adjust the noise, later to find out that is no longer a viable option and was advised to try using a Textured MOD. I was already using this one and realized that the noise setting in this MOD was set to 9 (not default), my quest continues,,,,

Set noisemax to 0.5 or 0.6 if you want to see ground targets clearer in TGP, but be aware that this will make the terrain textures look much more faded and bare (hopefully the FLIR problem will be fixed in later versions of DCS)

One more thing to try; the noise1back setting affects the overall draw distance of the terrain texture, lowering this from 80000 to say around 30000 (which is metric so 80km to 30km) combined with the lowered noisemax may help more. 

All in all though it really is something ED needs to address in full with a new effect for FLIR.

Edited by Mustang

I have gone thru about 15 variations so far adjusting just the "noisemax" & "noise1max", I found some subtle differences, taking screen shots of just the TGP for comparisons each time. Unfortunately nothing gave me a WOW moment. maybe its the distance to target is only 13 mile out, maybe if I set targets further it may be more beneficial? I don't know? I appreciate the help just the same, I hope FLIR gets an upgrade in the near future, sux having SPI's handed off to you and ya cant see the target,,,,Thanks Mustang.

Hello guys, 

I have been trying to download the mod many times, but the download never gets past 312 Mb, then it stops and fails. 

I have definitely enough space on my HD, and using Chrome as a browser. I'm doing the direct download, not the dropbox save. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

I'm confused, he stated it was going through an overhaul, and to expect a link for download soon. He has since not posted it was ready, I have not seen an update since then to download anything.